Hot off the heels of Samsung’s Galaxy watch last week, Nissan have seen a market in the automotive segment. The Nissan Nismo Watch will link you with various sets of data via a smartphone which is in turn linked to your car.
It will allow
- monitor the efficiency of their vehicle with average speed and fuel consumption readings;
- access vehicle telematics and performance data while on track;
- capture biometric data via a heart rate monitor;
- connect to the car using a smartphone app via Bluetooth Low Energy;
- receive tailored car messages from Nissan;
Future development will include:
- ECG (Electrocardiogram) – to measure the intervals of the R-R rhythm of the heart, and identify early fatigue;
- EEG (Electroencephalogram) Brainwave – to monitor the drivers’ levels of concentration and emotions, and help athletes to get ‘In The Zone’;
- Skin Temperature – to record core body temperature and hydration levels.
Naturally you can brag about all those stats from the watch via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using Nissan’s proprietary Social Speed software.
The watch will be available in Black, White, and the signature Black & Red. It is powered by a lithium battery, which is charged via a micro USB connector. A single charge will last around 7 days.
Needless to say…we want one! Just need one of those nice Nismo cars to go with it…370Z please Nissan!