If the T6 engines aren’t quite powerful enough for you Volvo have the answer, the V60 & S60 Polestar. The limited edition cars will go on sale in 2014, 0-60 is achievable in 4.9 seconds. Power is upped to 350 HP and 500 Nm of torque. All that power is fed through a 2.5” stainless steel exhaust system.
Polestar have also worked their magic on the rest of the car too. Braking has been upgraded with Brembo 6 piston calipers grabbing 371mm front discs. The chassis has been made more rigid to cope with the 80% stiffer springs (relative to the standard S60 R-Design). Öhlins shock absorbers have been used along with beefy 20” Polestar wheels.
New front splitters have been fitted, optimising the airflow underneath the car, as well as a new rear spoiler and diffuser, increasing downforce. Paddle shift has been added to the 6 speed dual clutch gearbox, a Haldex four wheel drive system has also been added to help get all that power down onto the road.
The cars will go on sale in June 2014.
Full Technical Specification
- 0-62 mph 4.9 sec
- 0-124 mph 17.7 sec
- Top speed 155 mph – Electronically limited
- Polestar Öhlins shock absorber system
- Polestar bespoke rims, 8×20” ET53 with 245/35R20 tyres
- 6-cylinder inline T6 engine, 2953 cc
- 350 hp @ 5700 rpm
- 500 Nm (369 lb-ft) @ 2800-4750 rpm
- Max 6500 rpm
- New twin-scroll Borg Warner turbo
- New intercooler
- Polestar 2.5” stainless full-flow exhaust system with twin 3.5” tail pipes
- V60 Polestar: 1822 kg
- AWF21 automatic gearbox with paddle shift system
- Polestar transmission calibration for faster gearshifts, launch control and curve-hold functionality
- Polestar Haldex calibration for more rear torque dynamic distribution
- Polestar calibrated stability control system
- Front: Polestar/Brembo 6 piston brake calipers
- 371×32 mm ventilated and floating Brembo discs
- Rear: 302×22 mm ventilated discs