So today was budget day, but how will it effect you and your motor?
- Fuel duty frozen for 6th year in a row
- From 2018 the Severn crossing toll will be halved so around £3.30 at todays rate
- Tunnel between Manchester and Sheffield gets the go ahead
- M62 increased to four lanes for the A66 and A69
- Insurance tax premium will go up by 0.5%
No massive announcements there so its smooth sailing for another 12 months. A cut in fuel duty would have been nice, but realistically that is never going to happen.
Current fuel tax stands at 75% of the price you pay at the pump, so the government will collect around £27 billion in fuel duty alone next year.