Renault have bolstered the Megane line up by adding a C segment saloon with a touch of luxury in the form of the Grand Coupe. But the UK won’t be getting it 🙁
It features an all glass roof which links the front and rear windscreens together in an arc of glass, naturally it has the new Renault front end with C shape running lights.
It has 508 litres of boot space with a hands free opening system.
Engine wise there is a choice of diesels and petrols, depending on the country you live in:
Two petrol engines:
- The SCe 115, available with a 5-speed manual gearbox or a continuously variable transmission (CVT)
- The TCe 130, available with a 7-speed dual-clutch EDC automatic gearbox or a 6-speed manual gearbox
Three diesel engines are available, also depending on the country:
- The dCi 90, available with a 6-speed manual gearbox
- The dCi 110, available with a 6-speed manual gearbox or the EDC 6-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox
- The dCi 130, available with a 6-speed manual gearbox
Inside you can expect a 7-inch colour TFT instrument panel, an 8.7-inch multimedia tablet, R-Link 2, Multi-Sense, Easy Park Assist and an extensive line-up of additional comfort equipment and driving aids such as Advanced Emergency Braking System and Lane Departure Warning.
The new model will be built in the Bursa plant in Turkey.
Such a shame they aren’t releasing it in the UK as it’s stunning, but i guess it’s a crowded marketplace and Renault don’t fancy their chances.