Porsche have announced the comeback of the classic Targa. The 911 Targa 4 has a 3.4 litre 350 HP flat six engine, with the optional PDK gearbox it will get to 62 in 4.8 seconds. Top speed is 175 MPH.
If that power isn’t enough you can opt for the 911 Targa 4S, which has the 3.8 litre 400 HP engine which is good for 184 MPH and 0-62 in 4.4 seconds.
The wrap around glass windscreen (a la 1960) can be opened and closed at the push of button automatically stowing the fabric middle. You can watch it do its thing below.
It can only be operated while the car is stationary, and it takes 19 seconds to fully close or open.
Heating elements cover nearly all of the rear window, which itself is made from laminated safety glass.
The Targa can be ordered today. In Targa 4 form it will cost £86,281 whilst the Targa 4S will set you back £96,316.
Standard kit on the Targa 4:
- Leather interior
- Sports seats
- Automatic climate control
- Bi-Xenon headlights
- 7-inch colour touch-screen
- Porsche Communication Management with sat nav
- Digital radio
- MP3 connectivity
- Porsche Stability Management (PSM)
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM) all-wheel drive
The Targa 4S adds:
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
- Rear limited slip differential