Yesterday Peugeot released this teaser to an announcement of a new concept vehicle at the Paris Motorshow. It looks as though it takes design queues from Lamborghini from the teaser images. More news to come 29.9.12.
Vehicle specs are thought to be:
- 600 bhp, 3.7 Litre V8 Diesel linked to an electric motor from the 908 Hybrid4 Le Mans car
- A 0-60 time of sub 3 seconds!
- 4650mm long, 2200mm wide and 1130mm high
- Carbon fibre body, weighing in at 1,100kg
- Kinetic energy recovery which upon acceleration gives an 80 bhp boost
- Wings and doors made from copper sheet
- Windows and roof made of acrylic rather than glass
- Flat carbon fibre floor creates downforce
- Dashboard and interior is made from recycled newspaper
- Seats and headlining made from felt made in one piece, no stitching
- Double bubble rear roof echoes the current RCZ/208 roof lines
As it is only a concept there are no plans to build the Onyx, but it will be a “whats to come” over the next 3 – 5 years from the Peugeot design department.