The Golf GTi you’ve always wanted is ready…to race only.
After its unveiling in July last year the Golf GTi TCR has been a been a big win for VW. All of the customer models for 2016 had been sold by January this year.
The series will field 20 cars in up to 16 national and international TCR touring car championships.
With a chassis 40cm wider than a road going Golf it certainly has a mean presence. A large rear wing helps with the aero, along with a front splitter and numerous other race spec components. It has an FIA approved fuel tank, roll cage, seat and head protectors.
Most importantly weight has been scaled down to just 1250 KG, this thing will fly!
The TCR is fitted with the same engine as the Golf R, the racing version generates 328 BHP and 410 Nm of torque. Now if only homologation was still a thing eh?
You can catch up with the TCR series on these dates:
- 01/04–03/04/2016 Bahrain*
- 22/04–24/04/2016 Portugal (Estoril)
- 06/05–08/05/2016 Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
- 20/05–22/05/2016 Italy (Monza)
- 03/06–05/06/2016 Austria (Salzburg)
- 17/06–19/06/2016 Germany (Oschersleben)
- 01/07–03/07/2016 Russia (Sochi)
- 26/08–28/08/2016 Thailand (Buriram)
- 16/09–18/09/2016 Singapore*
- 30/09–02/10/2016 Malaysia (Sepang)*
- 18/11–20/11/2016 Macau