Ford are celebrating the most powerful 1.0 litre production car, the Fiesta Zetec S with two special editions.
Named Red & Black the two tone design incorporates contrasting roofs and grille outlines.
The 1.0 litre Ecoboost engine provides more power per litre than a Bugatti Veyron…yes you read that right!
0-62 is a very rapid 9 seconds, top speed is rather less than a Veyron at 125 MPH. Power wise this 1.0 litre lump is pumping out 140PS…no word on torque figures but expect them to be on the low side.
Some facts for you:
- The turbo spins at 248,000 RPM, twice as fast as an F1 car
- The cylinder head and block can fit onto an A4 sheet of paper
- 5 tonnes of peak pressure is firing onto the top of each cylinder, thats the same weight as an Elephant
- The cam belt is made of kevlar
- The engine can fit in an overhead locker on a plane
- The fins in the turbo break the sound barrier at speeds of Mach 1.5, thats 80 times faster than a Boeing 777 or a Concorde engine
- The turbo runs at 2.7 bar, enough pressure to inflate tyres
- Each cylinder is no bigger than a coke drink can
On paper it seems like a very fun warm hatch! You can bag one for £15,995.