Young? Passionate about cars? Aspiring automotive journalist? You need to enter the annual Phil Lewellin award.
You could be in with a chance of winning:
* £1000 in travel vouchers (courtesy of Audi UK)
* the loan of an Audi of your choice for your parents for a week
* a tour of the Aston Martin plant at Gaydon, Warwickshire and a passenger ride with one of the company’s test drivers
Plus, the 2016 Junior Phil, (for entrants aged up to 16)
* a visit to Mercedes-Benz World at Brooklands, Surrey for a tutored drive and lunch for yourself and your parents.
You must be aged between 12 and 18 and write a feature about ‘my perfect car and the journey I’d take in it’.
Entries can be in any journalistic format and typical entry formats might be:
– a written article/blog of around 500 words
or – video/vlog/YouTube posting of minimum 90 seconds
or – podcast/audio file of minimum 2 minutes
or – photo-essay/Instagram diary of at least 10 images
or – any combination of the above
There is no maximum length to any entry, but remember the best journalism is short and punchy. Feel free to choose your own format and style. Be yourself.
Your entry must be with us by midnight on Thursday, March 31, 2016 (that gives you the Easter holiday to finish the project). Don’t forget to include your contact details and date of birth. You can email Rupert if you need more help or information.
Full info and how to enter can be found on the Midland Group Of Motoring Writers page here.