Citroen are going to be showing off the future vision of its C-Line range at Frankfurt this month.
The Cactus concept features a 100% digital driver interface, protective ‘Airbumps’ & a designer furniture inspired interior with natural materials used throughout. Its powered by a hybrid Air drivetrain offering 94+ MPG.
Airbumps are pockets of air with a soft skin that protect the outer body of the car, perfect to stop parking dents!
Notable features include:
- Pure and smooth surfaces in pearlescent white
- Flowing contours
- ‘Floating’ roof and rear quarter panels
- Contrasting and functional detailing such as Lama grey ‘Airbumps’, textured black wheel arches and gloss black roof rack
- A bright and airy cabin with a large panoramic sunroof
- The dimensions of a compact hatchback (4.21 m long & 1.75 m wide)
- An ideal balance between one-third glazed area and two-thirds wing surface
- High ground clearance (21 cm) but with an optimised height of just 1.53 m
- Reduced overhangs, with the wheels directly located at each corner
- Smooth surfaces showcasing the chevrons
- Flowing lines with a seamless progression from bonnet to wing
- A high-tech light signature with LED daytime running lights and lamps built in to the ‘Airbumps’
- Replacing the instrument cluster with a 7-inch screen
- Swapping control buttons for an 8-inch touchscreen connected to all vehicle functions (air-conditioning, audio, satnav, connected services and driver aids)
- Installing the passenger airbag on the ceiling
- Replacing the traditional gearstick with push-button controls on the lower part of the dashboard and steering-wheel paddles