Detroit Electric have today unveiled the SP:01. The limited edition car is aiming to be the new benchmark for performance and handling for electric vehicles.
The important bits:
- 150kW Electric motor (201 BHP)
- 166lb ft of torque
- 0-62 in 3.7 seconds
- Top speed of 155 MPH
- 37kWh battery
- 180 mile range
- Fully charge in just 4.3 hours
- Carbon fibre body
- Only 999 cars will be built
- First all electric car to be made in Detroit
- Two other cars are in the pipeline
- Production starts August 2013
- The SP:01 starts at $135,000
You can find out more info at Detroit Electics website.