The Porsche 911 GT3 Cup is the most successful race car in the world. Since 1998, 2,395 units of the near standard vehicle for customer racing have been produced. On Saturday the new 991 911 GT3 Cup car was shown for the first time.
The car features:
- 3.8 Litre flat six engine
- 460hp a 7,500 rpm
- Six speed “dog type” paddle shift gearbox
- Newly designed single piece race wheels
- Front wheels increased by 2CM to 27CMand rear wheels by 1CM to 31CM
- Newly developed breaking system
- 380mm diameter slotted inner vented steel discs with six piston fixed calipers at the front
- 380mm four piston version at the rear
- New safery cage
- New race seat, shaped around the head and shoulders
- Rescue hatch built into the roof
- Basic price is 181,200 Euros plus tax
Porsche have also announced preparations for the running of the new LMP1 sports prototype in the 2014 Le Mans 24 Hours, and the sports car World Endurance Championship.